Teacher - Engineering Certificate IV and/or Diploma - Mechanical
- Full time Ongoing
- Located at Dandenong
- Opportunity to apply your Trade experience in Teaching delivery
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 35,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,400 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organisations.
We offer more than 400 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Teacher Engineering Certificate IV and/or Diploma provides professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of teaching delivery, this may include Short/Industry courses, Skills First, Domestic and or International projects, delivery, planning and performance to ensure excellent outcomes for learners, the organisations that employ them and the communities they serve.
This position focuses on excellence in learner support, teaching delivery and learning assessment, resource development and educational administration. The incumbent is a key and active participant of the Engineering business area and works to promote educational excellence, business growth and student centred services for the Engineering team.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Develop and deliver planned teaching sessions in a variety of innovative and adaptive ways, using technology, including Moodle, to engage learners and meet their needs and learning styles including assessing student work
- Ensure that teaching materials and resources meet all regulatory standards, training packages and related requirements
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning through a student based approach and adaptive curriculum
- Work collaboratively with industry to align current and emerging industry needs and facilitate relevant and responsive delivery models that engage learners
- Contribute to business development activities such as tenders and submissions to support business growth and the Institute’s fee for service goals
- Complete workplace visits during workplace/clinical placements and liaise with key stakeholders such as employers, schools and other education providers to explore pathway options for learners
- Ensure high quality, up to date and relevant teaching delivery, assessment and student engagement strategies to support learner success and contribute to the achievement of Chisholm shared goals
- Maintain professional development to ensure industry and educational currency and excellence
You will bring the following skills and experience with you:
- Essential Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Essential Vocational qualifications at AQF level 3 or above – Diploma and/or Certificate IV in Engineering Trade
- Essential Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
- Essential Registration with relevant professional bodies as required for the teaching discipline
- Desirable Vocational qualifications at AQF level 5 and 6 teaching qualification that meets the criteria of the 2019 Agreement and Chisholm Institute Policy.
In addition to this you will enjoy working collaboratively within a diverse team, be highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people.
If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 5pm on Monday 13 July 2020.
Applications should include:
• a covering letter
• curriculum vitae
• contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
• Valid Employee Working With Children Check
• National Police Check
• International Police Check (if applicable)
• Verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g. citizenship, passport or birth certificate
• Certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Matthew Baker on + 61 3 92388508.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: