Box Hill Institute
Box Hill, VIC
- Part time and casual opportunities available (Melbourne, Lilydale location)
- New childcare centre with a spacious and natural outdoor environment
- Searching for passionate Educators with industry experience
The Box Hill Institute Group (BHI Group) is composed of Box Hill Institute (BHI) and the Centre for Adult Education (CAE). We are leading education providers with strong reputations for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
About the role:
Our Childcare Centre opened early 2019 and due to growing numbers we are seeking passionate Educators with experience in the industry to join our team.
The Assistant Educator supports the Senior Educator to provide innovative early childhood education and care programs in a long day setting, working with children aged 0-6years. This position will assist the Senior Educator in the delivery of educational programs, ensuring they meet the needs of children attending the Centre, and comply with standards, policies and best industry practice in order to support a holistic approach to the care and development of children.
The Assistant Educator is a member of the Childcare Centre team at Lilydale Lakeside Children’s Centre. This position is responsible for working professionally with the broader team of educators, employees, families and allied professionals.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Minimum qualification, Cert III in Children Services/Early Childhood Care
- First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management
- Safe Food Handling Certificate is preferred
- Proven ability to develop and implement educational programs for children
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- High level of awareness and responsiveness to people from a broad range of diverse backgrounds and emotional contexts.
Salary is based on the Children's Services Award 2010.
Interested in starting a career with one of Australia's leading Institutes? At BHI Group we value our people. We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
- Novated leasing and salary packaging
- Flexible work options including purchased leave
- Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
- Library access, digital and online Resources
- Discounts services including floristry, beauty, Fountains Restaurant, Vet Clinic & Dog Grooming
- Counselling support services (EAP) and Health and wellbeing program
- Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family
- Staff development program
- Study fee reductions for approved internal courses and study support for approved courses
- Reward and Recognition Programs
Job closes: 9am Friday 10 July 2020
Box Hill Institute is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
The Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: