Casual Teachers – Nursing
Box Hill Institute
Box Hill, VIC
- Faculty of Health, Community & Life Sciences
- Multiple casual positions available
- Attractive salary plus compulsory superannuation contribution (salary dependent on qualifications)
Box Hill Institute is composed of Box Hill Institute (BHI) and the Centre for Adult Education (CAE). We are leading education providers with strong reputations for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
To maintain our reputation and achieve our strategic goals we need a workforce full of energetic and forward thinking people. If you are enthusiastic and resilient, with a strong customer and commercial focus, then join our team. At BHI you will work with great people in a challenging and dynamic environment, as we work together to continually improve our business.
About the role:
The Casual Teacher – Nursing provides high quality and innovative course materials and excellent teaching delivery to Diploma of Nursing students, to:
• support student success in Diploma of Nursing course and thereby improve their employment and/or educational pathways
• ensure Box Hill Institute compliance requirements are met.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) equivalent or a qualification at diploma level or higher in Adult Education
• Minimum qualification should be a Bachelor of Nursing and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency.
1. Adult Learning Principles: Experience in planning and researching for the preparation of programs and learning materials, in the identification of setting standards, and well developed skills in transferring knowledge including the ability to research, select, and use a wide range of learning resources and assessment tools that would ensure a successful training program.
2. Compliance Administration: Demonstrated ability to develop a range of complex documents that comply with all relevant quality standards, including course materials, unit plans and assessment tools. Demonstrated proficiency and capability student management systems for attendance tracking, retrieval of student details where required, and resulting. Willing to provide a current vocational competency map and Teacher professional development record.
3. Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrated ability or the capacity to work and provide support and advice to students and Box Hill Institute employees of diverse cultures, backgrounds and abilities, including effective communication, interpersonal, and coordination skills relevant to a learning environment. Ability to quickly develop rapport and positive working relations with colleagues from a range of social and cultural backgrounds.
You will need to provide or be willing to obtain a current National Police Records Check, a Working with Children Check, evidence of your entitlement to work in Australia, and certified copies of your qualifications.
Interested in starting a career with one of Australia's leading Institutes? At BHI we value our people. We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
• Novated leasing and salary packaging
• Purchased leave
• Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
• Library access, digital and online Resources
• Discounts services including floristry, beauty, Fountains Restaurant, Vet Clinic & Dog Grooming
• Counselling support services (EAP) and Health and wellbeing program
• Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family
• Staff development program
• Study fee reductions for approved internal courses and study support for approved courses
• Reward and Recognition Programs
Like to know more? If you have questions about this role, please contact Giselle Mitchell at email@example.com or by phone on 03 9286 9124.
Applications close: 9am, Tuesday 14 July 2020
Box Hill Institute is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: