Casual Teachers - Nursing and Nursing Placement Clinical Facilitators
- Immediate start
- Join a team of dedicated educators
- Location: Frankston
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 35,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,400 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organisations.
We offer more than 400 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Casual Teacher – Nursing and Nursing Placement Clinical Facilitators you will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Plan education practices and delivery sessions that reflect the most effective way to engage learners
- Develop and deliver planned teaching sessions in a variety of innovative and adaptive ways, using technology, including Moodle, to engage learners and meet their needs and learning styles
- Implement a continuous improvement approach to the quality of teaching and learning that enables a safe and supportive learning environment for diverse learners and enhances the student experience by improving engagement and encouraging success
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as employers, schools and other education providers to explore pathway options for learners as required
- Implement the Institute’s Educational Excellence Framework across all teaching and learning practice
- Maintain professional development by ensuring educational currency and excellence and actively participating in the development of own annual professional development plan in line with Institute practices and policies
You will have:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or qualifications that meet the minimum standards for RTOs 2015
- Vocational qualifications in Nursing at Bachelor level or equivalent
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
Crucial to your success will be a strong understanding of contemporary approaches to education, teaching and learning. A proven track record in design and delivery of up to-date and engaging programs in conjunction with the ability to motivate and guide students to optimise their learning outcomes.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 9am Friday 21 August 2020.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- Valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- Verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact, Chad Eduati, Manager, Nursing and Allied Health, Phone: 03 9212 4639.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: