Senior Financial Accountant
Box Hill Institute
Box Hill, VIC
- Box Hill Institute (Elgar campus)
- Full-time, on-going position
- Attractive salary plus compulsory superannuation contribution
Box Hill Institute is composed of Box Hill Institute (BHI) and the Centre for Adult Education (CAE). We are leading education providers with strong reputations for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
To maintain our reputation and achieve our strategic goals we need a workforce full of energetic and forward thinking people. If you are enthusiastic and resilient, with a strong customer and commercial focus, then join our team. At BHI you will work with great people in a challenging and dynamic environment, as we work together to continually improve our business.
About the role:
The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for leading the provision of high-quality financial services, including external financial reporting, tax compliance, treasury, asset management, purchasing, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
The Senior Financial Accountant has a strong internal and operational focus to provide BHI with relevant, reliable and timely financial services with responsibility for BHI and its controlled entities’ external financial reporting. The position provides expertise in all aspects of government financial reporting, taxation, treasury and compliance.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
• A tertiary qualification in commerce and/or accounting and experience in a similar role
• CPA/CA accreditation.
1. Financial Reporting – Extensive, relevant experience in a similar financial role and current knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and other applicable financial reporting requirements.
2. Financial Management – Extensive experience at management level in the finance and accounting field including experience in the management of financial resources and project management of significant projects. Demonstrated experience in projecting accurate financial calculations and preparing analysis and advice for Executive approval.
3. Financial Consultancy – Proven knowledge and skills including the ability to provide sound advice and guidance to managers and employees on a broad range of finance and accounting issues.
You will need to provide or be willing to obtain a current National Police Records Check, a Working with Children Check, evidence of your entitlement to work in Australia, and certified copies of your qualifications.
Interested in starting a career with one of Australia's leading Institutes? At BHI we value our people. We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
• Novated leasing and salary packaging
• Purchased leave
• Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
• Library access, digital and online Resources
• Discounts services including floristry, beauty, Fountains Restaurant, Vet Clinic & Dog Grooming
• Counselling support services (EAP) and Health and wellbeing program
• Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family
• Staff development program
• Study fee reductions for approved internal courses and study support for approved courses
• Reward and Recognition Programs
Like to know more? If you have questions about this role, please contact HRAssist@boxhill.edu.au.
Applications close: 9am, Friday 25 September 2020.
Box Hill Institute is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
The Box Hill Institute Group reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: