Manager Operations - Information Technology Services (ITS)
- Innovative key leadership role
- Full time ongoing position
- Located at Dandenong, onsite parking
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 35,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,400 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organisations.
We offer more than 400 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Chisholm Institute is a technology-rich learning environment and you will be responsible for ensuring that ITS supports the achievement of Chisholm's Strategic Vision of being 'an Institute, Workplace and Partner of Choice'.
A key element of your role will be to ensure the delivery of high quality IT and digital services to students, staff and other users and the ongoing improvement of ITS operations so that robust platforms are available to meet the current and future needs of Chisholm.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Contribute and support ITS plans and budgets that align with Chisholm's plans and Strategic Vision
- Lead and maintain a high-performing ITS Team that delivers excellent client service and IT solutions and continually improves the quality of services and business performance
- Manage IT Operational budgets and procurement requirements to improve efficiencies, providing best value and excellent services to students
- Establish strategic relationships with service providers, negotiating and implementing commercially sustainable outcomes
- Identify new revenue streams and commercial opportunities that enable the business to grow
- Drive a culture of cross-functional collaboration, sharing and supporting within the ITS leadership group
- Ensure that services and solutions are current, commercially focussed and respond to changing business requirements
- Drive IT transition processes by engaging stakeholders and providing training and support to clients so that they can rapidly adapt to technological change
- Establish agreed measures, in consultation with the CIO, to monitor specific performance outcomes across services and solutions
You will bring the following skills and experience with you:
- A degree in IT, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or similar plus ITIL and ITSM
- Proven management experience in information systems/information technology
- Demonstrated application of ITIL Service Management frameworks in IT operations and the delivery of administration and IT systems support
- Proven ability to lead teams and deliver on set service level agreements
- Strong experience in change management practices, continuous service improvement and in implementing IT systems and processes
- Demonstrated experience in establishing business intelligence capabilities
- Excellent knowledge of technical management and information analysis
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close at 5:00pm on Monday 5 October 2020.
Applications should include:
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
- Please provide a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria outlined in position requirements.
- Valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- Verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g. citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: