Education Manager Level 2 - Electro-technology & Telecommunications
- Position No. 001311
- Full time, Ongoing position | Salary: $106,965 p.a
- Location: Dandenong
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 35,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,400 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organisations.
We offer more than 400 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is accountable for the provision of operational leadership and business development to support business growth and development of strategies and programs that promote the Institute's Educational Excellence Framework.
This position directly supports the Manager and peers in Electro-technology & Telecommunications business area in managing and leading the implementation of operational excellence, business growth and opportunities that enhance the Institute’s reputation and meets industry and community needs in the course areas as designated.
The incumbent is a key member of the Electro-technology & Telecommunications and Education Manager Network within Chisholm and provides contemporary teaching and learning leadership and expertise in their subject matter area and educational excellence.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Lead and manage teachers including supervision, performance, professional and vocational currency and development requirements
- Participate in the development and implementation of student retention strategies that will improve learning outcomes across the school
- Examine and make recommendations on alternative flexible delivery strategies
- Implement methods and strategies to support learners including mentoring and work preparation programs, study skills support, alternative delivery and assessment methodologies, and communication strategies
- Engage with employers and industry representatives to ensure teaching materials and content meet industry and employer needs and currency
- Understand market and industry needs and develop responsive, innovative educational solutions for learners, including fee for service clients
- Propose and implement a range of programs/courses for future delivery together with other Education Managers and Teachers
- Develop business plans and budgets to ensure alignment with the Institute and Business Group strategy
- Manage recruitment, selection, on-boarding and induction of staff
- Provide support and mentoring to team including staff coaching and counselling to ensure the best outcomes for the staff and the area
- Positively represent and participate in Open Nights, information nights, conferences, community networks and other events both in Australia and internationally
You will bring the following qualifications, skills and experience with you:
- Adult Teaching qualification at AQF level 6 or higher or a willingness to complete
- Vocational qualifications relevant to or above the level required and industry currency
- Registration with professional bodies as required for the teaching discipline
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Demonstrated successful experience in the delivery and development of contemporary educational programs, approaches and developments that meet learner, industry and community needs
In addition to this you will enjoy working collaboratively within a diverse team, be highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 5pm on Monday 28 September 2020.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- Valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- Verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g. citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Craig Hill, Manager on +61 3 9238 8101.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: