Casual Teachers - Engineering
- Casual positions with an immediate start
- Hourly Rate: $74.22 - $80.18 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
- Location: Dandenong
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 35,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,400 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organisations.
We offer more than 400 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLES
As a Casual Teacher in Engineering, you will be accountable for providing professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance to ensure excellent outcomes for learners, the organisations that employ them and the communities they serve.
These positions focus on excellence in learner support, teaching delivery and learning assessment, resource development and educational administration.
Your key accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Plan education practices and delivery sessions that reflect the most effective way to engage learners
- Develop and deliver planned teaching sessions in a variety of innovative and adaptive ways, using technology, including Moodle, to engage learners and meet their needs and learning styles
- Proactively support the effective use of Institute learning resources and meet student needs by increasing the use of blended learning options, workplace or offsite delivery and mobile technologies
- Ensure high quality and current resources, teaching materials and assessments are used in teaching and learning activities
- Enhance the student experience to improve engagement early on and assist learners to interact with their academic and social environment to prevent attrition and encourage success
- Ensure high quality, up to date and relevant teaching delivery, assessment and student engagement strategies to support learner success and contribute to the achievement of Chisholm shared goals
You are passionate about your trade in Engineering/ Fitters, Turners and Machinists and enjoy teaching trade students your vocation.
You may run your own business and be available to teach between 10-20 hours a week.
You will have the following relevant tertiary qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or qualifications that meet the Standards for RTOs 2015
- Vocational qualifications in Diploma in Engineering Trade
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
In addition to this you will enjoy working collaboratively within a diverse team, be highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close 5pm Friday 6 November 2020
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- Valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g. citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications and transcripts of result
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Matthew Baker, Manager, Engineering, +61 3 9238 8508.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: