Subject Matter Expert
- Casual contract to June 2021
- PSL 7.4 and FTE 0.5
- Located at Dandenong
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 35,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,400 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organisations.
We offer more than 400 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) is accountable for providing professional expertise to guide the development of subject specific blended learning and assessment resources for one or more of the Certificate III qualifications in Carpentry, Plumbing, Electro technology, Engineering and Cabinet Making. The role’s focus is to provide relevant and up-to-date industry expert advice to assist with developing innovative and adaptive ways to engage learners.
Supporting the Priority Industries Resources Project, and in collaboration with Project Leads, Education Consultants, Instructional Designers and Learning Designers, the SME is accountable for ensuring the highest standard of vocational quality is maintained in the production of resources.
The incumbent is a key and active participant in the Vocational Education Excellence and Development business area, providing expertise in development of fit-for-purpose educational courseware design contextualised to the known student cohorts for each course.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Ensure consistency with the Child Safe Standards and respond in accordance with Institute’s policies and agreed practices
- Work with Instructional Designers, Learning Designers and Education Consultants to analyse current learning resources and program delivery and the key course outcomes for the redevelopment within your field of expertise
- Review and where required edit vocational information, adhering to agreed voice and tone and working collaboratively in a team to deliver against project timelines in the production and delivery of courseware.
- Ensure adherence to project templates and work aligns with project timelines and deliverables.
- Assist in product evaluation and obtain feedback from stakeholders for the continuous improvement of courseware related development.
- Have excellent knowledge of, and support the implementation of relevant QMS policies related to project deliverables.
You will bring the following skills and experience with you:
- Essential Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or qualifications that meet standards for RTOs (2015).
- Essential Tertiary qualifications in field of subject matter expertise.
- Commitment to quickly respond to queries, provide clear and concise information and remain tactful under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across all levels, including business areas, industry, government and the community.
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to transfer knowledge, including to research, select and use a wide range of learning resources and assessment tools
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, specifically for the VET sector, with the ability to follow template structures.
In addition to this you will enjoy working collaboratively within a diverse team, be highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 5:00 pm on Friday 06 November 2020.
Applications should include:
• a covering letter
• curriculum vitae
• contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
• Valid Employee Working With Children Check
• National Police Check
• International Police Check (if applicable)
• Verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g. citizenship, passport or birth certificate
• Certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Linda Kearley on 0428400914.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: