Casual Teacher – Graphic Design and Digital Media
Gordon Institute of TAFE
- $74.22 to $80.18 Per hour (subject to teaching qualifications) teaching rate
- Casual as required
- For further details contact Joy Carland on (03) 52466040
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is looking for a motivated, qualified and experienced casual teacher in Graphic Design and Media to join a passionate teaching team at our City Campus. The successful candidate will demonstrate current knowledge and have relevant industry skills.
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead our students to a great career or create pathways to university.
Skills and Experience:
1. Successful completion of Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) as updated from time to time. Commencing level is also dependent on further teaching qualification requirements in the industrial agreement.
2. A degree, diploma or other approved tertiary qualification in Digital Media and Graphic Design Production to enable to teach across any of the following courses/disciplines;
• VET in Schools: Certificate II in Printing and Graphic Arts, Certificate III in Screen and Media, Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
• Diploma of Graphic Design
• Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design
(N.B. The appointee must be able to demonstrate the vocational competencies at least to the level of those delivered)
• Digital design software programs including from the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere, Acrobat,
• Sound understanding of intellectual property rights and Copyright • Well developed knowledge of design
• A focus on the use of good design to enhance both aesthetic consideration and the user experience.
• Digital media disciplines such as and interactive content production, HTML, CSS, non- linear video editing using industry-standard software on both PC and Mac platforms.
Please view the application form to identify the Key Selection Criteria you will need to address for this job.
Applications will close Monday, 2 November 2020 at 8:00am.
Joy Carland, Program Manager - ICT & Visual Arts, on (03) 52466040.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: