Building Automation and Controls (BAC) Coordinator
- Full time Ongoing role
- FTE 1.0
- Located at Dandenong
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 35,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,400 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organisations.
We offer more than 400 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Building Automation and Controls (BAC) Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the effective strategic and operational delivery and upkeep of Building Automation Systems (BAS), Metering and Controls across the Institute’s buildings supporting Chisholm in its commitment in meeting Environmental and Sustainability strategies, targets and objectives. Developing, implementing and maintaining the BAS and Controls Strategy will be key to the success of this role.
The BAC Coordinator will provide expert advice and recommendations in regards to new design standards, upgrades as well as Major and Minor Projects ensuring automation, efficiency and environmentally sustainable practices and policies, building standards and regulations are represented in design and delivery.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the BAS and Controls Strategy focusing on efficiency, integration, accuracy and consolidation of operating platforms
- Lead the delivery of quality services, maintaining a strong customer focus in all aspects of operations
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support the objectives of Service Excellence within the Institute
- Drive performance and quality within the team of staff and contractors to consistently achieve objectives and strives for continuous improvement
- Actively monitor, maintain and improve the BAS, Metering and Controls Systems used by BES and the broader Chisholm Community
- Develop and ensure cohesion and support with ITS in the delivery is Systems Upgrades and maintenance
You will bring the following skills and experience with you:
- Essential Post-Secondary qualifications in Building Automation Systems or Controls (or similar)
- Desirable Engineering Qualification in Mechanical Services or Design
- Desirable Post-Secondary qualifications in Environmental Sustainability (or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to understand, introduce and operate Building Automation Systems (experience with Alerton, and Niagara would be advantageous)
- Highly experienced in the use of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated capability in developing infrastructure maintenance plans and programs.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 5:00 pm on Wednesday 2 December 2020.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
- Valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- Verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g. citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: