- Full time Ongoing role
- FTE 1.0
- Located at Dandenong
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 35,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,400 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organisations.
We offer more than 400 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is accountable for providing operational support to the Built Environment Services (BES) Team through the coordination of Facilities Management support and the provision of customer service functions.
This position will focus on maintaining high quality standards across all Facilities Management Areas as well as for providing assistance to the BES Service Desk for day to day operations.
The incumbent is a key and active participant of the BES team providing expertise across maintenances tasks and the supervision of contractors while on site.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Maintain and supervise the execution of a planned maintenance schedule for all Campus Facilities and Grounds
- Oversee the assessment, allocation and completion of planned and reactive work orders ensuring safety, quality and cost.
- Provide information and support to ensure all maintenance task and standards are met
- Maintain a safe, positive and productive work environment free from discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Assist the Manager, Operations in the development and maintenance of Planned Maintenance Schedules including up to date Asset Registers
- Ensure that all maintenance procedures and practices are consistent with the requirements of the relevant Local, State and Federal
You will bring the following skills and experience with you:
- Essential Post-secondary or relevant post trade qualification or demonstrated industry experience at a supervisor or managers level
- Demonstrated awareness of Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Highly experienced in the use of Microsoft Office
- Desirable Forklift licence
- Knowledge of procurement practices.
- Ability to interpret and navigate technical drawings
In addition to this you will enjoy working collaboratively within a diverse team, be highly motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 5:00 pm on Wednesday 2 December 2020.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- Valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- Verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g. citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact John Curcio on +61 3 92125265.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: