Casual Teacher – Chisholm Online
- Casual contract till December 2021
- Academic Teacher Level C.6 and FTE 0.9
- Located at Dandenong
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the south east.
Each year, we welcome some 35,000 students from over 43 culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than 1,400 passionate and dedicated Chisholm employees work together to deliver quality training and education in Melbourne’s south east manufacturing heartland and key residential growth corridor.
A Victorian Government-owned TAFE, we aim to lead the way in education and training to inspire success and transform lives.
Our purpose is to excel in education and training and be respected and valued for enhancing the social and economic futures of individuals, industry and communities.
Our drive for commercial success is underpinned by our core values of Opportunity, Integrity, Collaboration, and Achievement.
In the past 20 years, we have grown significantly to become a multi-sector institute, delivering a broad range of education and training programs and services in higher education, vocational education and training (VET) and school sectors across ten campuses in Victoria, online, in the workplace and overseas with partner educational and government organisations.
We offer more than 400 courses, from VCE/VCAL/VETiS, through to nationally accredited qualifications such as certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, degrees, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and short courses.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The teacher, Chisholm Online provides professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance to ensure excellent outcomes for learners, the organisations that employ them and the communities they serve.
This position focuses on excellence in learner support, teaching delivery and learning assessment.
The incumbent is a key and active participant of the Chisholm Online business area and works to promote educational excellence, business growth and student centred services for the Chisholm Online team. The disciplines for which teachers are required are:
1. CIV in Community services
2. CIV in Mental health
3. CIV in Ageing support
4. CIV in Individual support
5. CIV in TAE
6. Diploma of early childhood
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Plan education practices and delivery sessions that reflect the most effective way to engage learners
- Design and develop high quality teaching and learning resources including tailored materials in a range of formats to suit varying learning styles
- Enhance the student experience to improve engagement early on and assist learners to interact with their academic and social environment to prevent attrition and encourage success
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as employers, schools and other education providers to explore pathway options for learners as required
- Ensure high quality, up to date and relevant teaching delivery, assessment and student engagement strategies to support learner success and contribute to the achievement of shared Institute goals
- Complete and actively participate in the development of own annual professional development plan and vocational competency map and professional currency record consistent with Institute practices and policies
You will bring the following skills and experience with you:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or qualifications that meet the ASQA Standards
- Vocational qualifications at minimum AQF level 4
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
- Proficiency in working with student management systems for attendance tracking, resulting, retrieval of student details and related matters
- Demonstrated proficiency in using learning management systems, such as Moodle, to create innovative and engaging learning experiences for learners
- Experience in planning programs, learning materials and teaching delivery plans
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 5:00 pm on Thursday 10 December 2020.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
- Valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- Verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g. citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Ankit Sharma on +61 3 59907174.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: