$81,429 - $103,253 per annum plus superannuation. Salary is based on an assessment of industry and teaching qualifications, and industry and teaching experience.
This is a part time position (22.8 hours per week), ongoing position
- Join a highly motivated and enthusiastic team of professional language teachers
- Make a positive impact on the lives of our students
- The position is located at our Footscray Nicholson Campus. Delivery may be from other campuses as the program requires. (During Covid delivery may also be digitally supported remote )
About the role
Expression of Interest is sought for an EAL teacher within the Western Melbourne English Program (WMEP) at Victoria University Polytechnic, a TAFE Division of Victoria University. The WMEP program delivers a full suite of certificates from the EAL Frameworks and CGEA packages. Please refer to the position description for more information.
Opportunity for additio nal teaching in other programs is also available for suitable applicants.
Note * Applicants who do not have a complete Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent (TAE40116), or TAE40110 with the relevant upskill units of TAEASS502 and TAELLN411 cannot be considered for this positio
About the person
- Ideally you will have experience teaching language, literacy or numeracy to youth and adults in TAFE settings
- You are an energetic and positive teacher who is student focused
- You have a demonstrated understanding of quality & compliance processes with strong computer and organisational skills to meet these requirements
- You have well developed digital pedagogy & innovative teaching technologies
- You derive satisfaction from working with other professionals who are also passionate about empowering students to develop the skills that will enable them to achieve their learning and career goals
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Paid study leave
- On-site gym, parking and more!
How to apply
For a position description and to submit an application please visit our ‘Employment Vacancies’ website: www.vu.edu.au/jobs .
Applications must be submitted as a single document comprising:
- A cover letter
- Your curriculum vitae/resume, and
- Your responses to the selection criteria listed in the position description.
Note: Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: