AMEP Casual Teachers (Emergency)
Box Hill Institute
Box Hill, VIC
- AMEP Adult Migrant English Program
- Multiple casual positions available for Emergency Teaching
- $76.23 - $82.35 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
Box Hill Institute is composed of Box Hill Institute (BHI) and the Centre for Adult Education (CAE). We are leading education providers with strong reputations for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
To maintain our reputation and achieve our strategic goals we need a workforce full of energetic and forward thinking people. If you are enthusiastic and resilient, with a strong customer and commercial focus, then join our team. At BHI you will work with great people in a challenging and dynamic environment, as we work together to continually improve our business.
About the role:
The Teacher AMEP provides high quality and innovative training delivery and assessment within the EAL curriculum to learners within the AMEP and/or SEE programs to:
• Deliver high quality and engaging training in English and settlement topics within the EAL framework,
• Monitor, evaluate and assess student success in English Language progression and achieving qualifications,
• Prepare high quality lesson plans that map client learning needs and help students achieve their Individual Pathway Goals.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
You must hold at the minimum:
• An Australian undergraduate degree or equivalent and a post graduate TESOL Qualification in adult education
1. Adult Learning Principles: Experience in planning and researching for the preparation of programs and learning materials, in the identification of setting standards, and well developed skills in transferring knowledge including the ability to research, select, and use a wide range of learning resources and assessment tools that would ensure a successful training program.
2. Compliance Administration: Demonstrated ability to develop a range of complex documents that map to the ACSF and curriculum and that comply with all relevant quality standards, including course materials, unit plans and assessment tools. Demonstrated proficiency and capability student management systems for attendance tracking, retrieval of student details where required, and resulting.
3. Teaching Skills: Demonstrated ability to design and deliver logical, succinct, up-to-date and engaging course materials and lessons. Experience in effectively managing difficult and sensitive topics and questions.
You will need to provide or be willing to obtain a current National Police Records Check, a Working with Children Check, evidence of your entitlement to work in Australia, and certified copies of your qualifications.
Interested in starting a career with one of Australia's leading Institutes? At BHI we value our people. We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
• Novated leasing and salary packaging
• Purchased leave
• Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
• Library access, digital and online Resources
• Discounts services including floristry, beauty, Fountains Restaurant, Vet Clinic & Dog Grooming
• Counselling support services (EAP) and Health and wellbeing program
• Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family
• Staff development program
• Study fee reductions for approved internal courses and study support for approved courses
• Reward and Recognition Programs
Like to know more? If you have questions about this role, please contact Jacky Springall at email@example.com by phone on 03 8892 1210.
Applications close: 9am, Tuesday 18 May 2021
Box Hill Institute is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: