Systems Administrator (Networking and Security)
Box Hill Institute
Box Hill, VIC
- Located at Box Hill, Elgar campus - Technology Solutions Department
- Full-time, 2 Year Fixed Term position
- PACCT 8 $94,428 per annum, plus compulsory superannuation contribution
Box Hill Institute is composed of Box Hill Institute (BHI) and the Centre for Adult Education (CAE). We are leading education providers with strong reputations for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
To maintain our reputation and achieve our strategic goals we need a workforce full of energetic and forward thinking people. If you are enthusiastic and resilient, with a strong customer and commercial focus, then join our team. At BHI you will work with great people in a challenging and dynamic environment, as we work together to continually improve our business.
About the role:
The Systems Administrator (Networking and Security Infrastructure) provides/supports/coordinates network and security management to ensure consistent, reliable network service delivery to the organisation.
The Systems Administrator (Networking and Security Infrastructure) is a member of the Technical Operations team in the Technology Solutions department. This position is responsible for working professionally with employees at all levels across BHI and liaising with relevant external stakeholders, including Cisco, DELL and Palo Alto.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
Advanced Diploma/Degree of Information Technology, or equivalent workplace experience.
• Vocational qualifications in the following disciplines or equivalent workplace experience:
o Microsoft Office 365/Azure
o Cisco Networking (CCNA) (CCNP)
o Project Management
o ITIL Practice Management
1. Server Management: Demonstrated experience in managing a complex server fleet which provides a wide range of services to a decentralised organisation.
2. Storage/Back Up Administration: Demonstrated experience in managing a Storage Area Network and other storage systems; and in implementing and maintaining major backup systems and integrating backups into the technical strategy for system recovery.
3. Cabling Systems: Extensive experience in maintaining various systems including cabling practices.
You will need to provide or be willing to obtain a current National Police Records Check, a Working with Children Check, evidence of your entitlement to work in Australia, and certified copies of your qualifications.
Interested in starting a career with one of Australia's leading Institutes? At BHI we value our people. We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
• Novated leasing and salary packaging
• Purchased leave
• Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
• Library access, digital and online Resources
• Discounts services including floristry, beauty, Fountains Restaurant, Vet Clinic & Dog Grooming
• Counselling support services (EAP) and Health and wellbeing program
• Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family
• Staff development program
• Study fee reductions for approved internal courses and study support for approved courses
• Reward and Recognition Programs
Like to know more? If you have questions about this role, please contact Simon Hahnel on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 03 9286 9547.
Applications close: 9am, Wednesday 19 May 2021
Box Hill Institute is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: