Casual Skills Instructor Maritime
Lakes Entrance, VIC
- Casual role until 31 December 2021
- Rare and unique opportunity
- Rewarding career
- Attractive regional location
- Based at TAFE Gippsland’s Lakes Entrance campus (delivery across TAFE Gippsland campuses)
At TAFE Gippsland, our people are selected for not only their skills and knowledge but their genuine passion for their chosen industry. Gippsland’s local TAFE is currently recruiting for a passionate, enthusiastic and motivated industry expert to join our Maritime teaching team to deliver Recreational Marine (Boat) Licence and PWC Endorsement Training (MSV Endorsed).
For the past 85 years, TAFE Gippsland has played a key role in the social and cultural development of the Gippsland region, empowering local students and enabling local businesses though the delivery of high quality vocational education and training. TAFE Gippsland is located in the idyllic regional setting of Gippsland in eastern Victoria, with campuses from Warragul to Lakes Entrance.
About the role
You will provide a high level of quality training and support to TAFE clients by preparing and conducting programs and assisting, instructing, supervising and assessing students. The role of the Casual Skills Instructor Maritime covers a variety of responsibilities and activities within the sector, including:
- Classroom based teaching;
- Teaching via video conferencing;
- Practical skills training in simulated workplace environments.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 or equivalent)
- Relevant industry experience including demonstrated knowledge and experience of the regulatory requirements and environment applicable to non-commercial power boat operation in Victorian waters
- Current Victorian Recreational Marine Licence with PWC endorsement
- Current commercial maritime qualification such as MAR10418 Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2) or higher is highly desirable
- Current Victorian Working with Children Check
- Current Police check (no older than 12 months)
- Current Driver’s Licence
TAFE Gippsland can offer you:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Full on-the-job training and support, along with further professional development opportunities
- A culture that reflects our values and a supportive team environment
- A diverse role with plenty of challenges
- An opportunity to diversify in an industry you love
Applications are to be submitted online and must include a current resume and cover letter.
For specific enquiries relating to the position please contactBruce Macpherson on 0427 556 800
For enquiries relating to the recruitment process please contact HR on (03) 5120 4570
Applications close 2pm on Monday 17 May 2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: