Bendigo Kangan Institute
Role Type: Sessional Teaching
Remuneration: $78.28 - $84.57 per hour (dependent on experience and qualification)
Bendigo TAFE and Kangan Institute are the TAFE trading brands of Bendigo Kangan Institute. We are one of Victoria's largest TAFE providers, with over 40,000 enrolled students per annum. We offer vocational training to students from all over the northern metro corridor as well as Loddon Campaspe regions. We pride ourselves on the quality of training we provide by having industry expert teachers who impart their wealth of experience to the workforce of the future. We believe that in everything we do, we give people the opportunity to be the best they can be.
We are currently seeking an experienced TESOL Teacher to join our Foundation and Pathways on team at Docklands campus.
The primary task of the TESOL Teacher Trainer will be to provide high quality, customer focused service to the TESOL Program. You will work closely with the Director of Studies and TESOL Coordinator in the ELICOS and TESOL department of Bendigo Kangan Institute.
The position requires the incumbent to design and provide quality online and face to face training to English language teacher trainees in the department's TESOL course, as well as undertake a range of administrative, coordination and learning activities directly related to the area taught and contribute to compliant delivery.
The purpose of the delivery is to equip prospective language teachers with relevant and practical skills to deliver English Language to ESL students in international and migrant contexts.
In addition, course delivery should consist of a variety of approaches including facilitating discussions, facilitating and giving demonstrations and providing student-centred tasks that demonstrate the application of English Language teaching methods.
- A recognised degree and a recognised CELTA / Post-graduate TESOL qualification
- Minimum 5 years teaching in ESL context with Experience in teaching CELTA methodology
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or (TAE40110) including Design & Develop Assessment tools (TAEASS502) and address Adult language, literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) (TAELLN401A). A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
- Be a member of a committed teaching staff team
- Counselling support (EAP) and Health & Wellbeing initiatives throughout the year
- Flexible work options.
- Free onsite parking for most campuses
- Professional development programs and many more....
If this sounds like the role for you. Please click 'Apply for this job/Apply now ', we would love to hear from you.
For further information regarding this outstanding opportunity, please contact the Director of Studies on 03 9254 6173.
NOTE: BKI reserves the right to withdraw this advertised position at any stage.
Applications from candidates with valid working rights will only be considered.
We are a child safe and equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate is required to hold a current working with children check. Application from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: