Assistant Systems Accountant
Box Hill Institute
Box Hill, VIC
- Box Hill Institute (Elgar Campus)
- Full time, fixed term position - 2 years
- PACCT 5 - $67,293 per annum plus superannuation
Box Hill Institute is composed of Box Hill Institute (BHI) and the Centre for Adult Education (CAE). We are leading education providers with strong reputations for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
To maintain our reputation and achieve our strategic goals we need a workforce full of energetic and forward thinking people. If you are enthusiastic and resilient, with a strong customer and commercial focus, then join our team. At BHI you will work with great people in a challenging and dynamic environment, as we work together to continually improve our business.
About the role:
The Assistant Systems Accountant works closely with the System Accountant to provide high level advice and customer service to finance system users. In consultation with the Systems Accountant this position will support the business through continuous development of operations and implementation of system improvements.
The Assistant Systems Accountant is an active participant and contributor towards the development of organisational plans including centre-level business operations, end year, disaster recovery and system improvement projects.
The Assistant Systems Accountant provides advice and services to Box Hill Institute that enable the achievement of the Strategic Plan, in alignment with a consistently excellent level of customer service experience for all internal and external clients of Box Hill Institute.
This position works collaboratively with the broader Finance Operations team, in an integrated way, to support the improvement of operational issues. It assists with the implementation of improved finance business processes and systems innovation to ensure maximum efficiency and effective use of Box Hill Institute finance systems. It also coordinates finance information-based projects to ensure relevant executives have the information required to plan for, implement and monitor the performance of specific operational projects.
If you have an interest in financial systems, have an accounting background and are keen to develop further in this area, we would like to hear from you.
Your skills and experience:
- Financial Systems -Demonstrated experience in financial systems, including analysing and developing customised reports for clients and identifying emerging issues.
- Time Management - Proven time management with the ability to plan, negotiate and prioritise.
- Systems and Process Thinking - Demonstrated skills and experience in relevant systems and understands the long- term impact of particular courses of action on the work area’s objectives.
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce or Computer Studies that provides eligibility for membership in CPA Australia, Institute of CAA’s or ACS or equivalent background and experience
- You will need to provide or be willing to obtain a current National Police Records Check, a Working with Children Check, evidence of your entitlement to work in Australia, and certified copies of your qualifications.
Interested in starting a career with one of Australia's leading Institutes? At BHI we value our people. We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
- Novated leasing and salary packaging
- Purchased leave
- Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
- Library access, digital and online Resources
- Discounts services including floristry, beauty, Fountains Restaurant, Vet Clinic & Dog Grooming
- Counselling support services (EAP) and Health and wellbeing program
- Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family
- Staff development program
- Study fee reductions for approved internal courses and study support for approved courses
- Reward and Recognition Programs
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 19 May 2021.
Box Hill Institute is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: