Casual Teacher, Cleaning Operations - (Corrections Victoria, Beechworth)
Box Hill Institute
Box Hill, VIC
- Based at Beechworth Prison (located in Beechworth VIC)
- Casual opportunity available
- $76.23 - $82.35 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
Box Hill Institute is composed of Box Hill Institute (BHI) and the Centre for Adult Education (CAE). We are leading education providers with strong reputations for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
To maintain our reputation and achieve our strategic goals we need a workforce full of energetic and forward thinking people. If you are enthusiastic and resilient, with a strong customer and commercial focus, then join our team. At BHI you will work with great people in a challenging and dynamic environment, as we work together to continually improve our business.
About the role:
The Teacher Cleaning Operations provides high quality and innovative course materials and excellent teaching delivery to learners within Corrections Victoria’s sites/facilities to:
• support student success in courses and thereby improve their employment and/or educational pathways
• ensure BHI compliance requirements are met.
The following video has been produced by Corrections Victoria and is about careers as a prison officer. This role is different because it is as a Teacher and the incumbent will be employed by Box Hill Institute, however the video will give you some insight into working in a prison - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sTt8SWl75w&feature=emb_logo. Box Hill Institute is responding to the potential risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) to ensure the safety of staff and students. Box Hill Institute has a comprehensive COVID safe plan for all Institute staff including those who are working in prisons.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
• Relevant industry/ education qualifications and/or equivalent experience
• A current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
1. Industry/ education Expertise: Current professional experience in the vocational / education area in which courses are to be delivered. Ability to demonstrate current knowledge of and engagement with relevant workplaces and/ or professional associations.
2. Academic Quality: Demonstrated understanding of the compliance requirements for developing and delivering learning and assessment materials for state and nationally accredited training. Enthusiasm for continuous improvement activities.
3. Adult Learning Principles: Demonstrated understanding of the requirements for planning to deliver innovative and engaging education and training for a diverse group of students. Well-developed skills in transferring knowledge including the ability to research, select, and use a wide range of learning resources and assessment tools that would ensure a successful training program that is well regarded by students and key stakeholders and has readily identifiable employment outcomes.
You will need to provide or be willing to obtain a current National Police Records Check, a Working with Children Check, evidence of your entitlement to work in Australia, and certified copies of your qualifications.
Interested in starting a career with one of Australia's leading Institutes? At BHI we value our people. We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
• Novated leasing and salary packaging
• Purchased leave
• Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
• Library access, digital and online Resources
• Discounts services including floristry, beauty, Fountains Restaurant, Vet Clinic & Dog Grooming
• Counselling support services (EAP) and Health and wellbeing program
• Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family
• Staff development program
• Study fee reductions for approved internal courses and study support for approved courses
• Reward and Recognition Programs
Like to know more? If you have questions about this role, please contact Lisa Montesanti on email@example.com or by phone on 5728 0006.
Applications close: 9am, Thursday 20th May 2021
Box Hill Institute is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: