Sessional plumbing teacher required.
$52.54 - $77.32 per hour depending on type of work conducted.
- Work with a dynamic and professional team using your experience to the max
- Make a positive impact on the lives of our students
- Located at our Sunshine campus and remotely using VU Collaborate
About the Role
This is a great opportunity to share your trade experience with the next generation of plumbers, whilst you become a trainer and assessor. The courses are delivered in a modern, purpose built, specialty trades facility at the Sunshine campus, as well as remotely via our VU Collaborate system during this period of uncertainty. Your work will involve developing learning resources for our plumbing certificates, as well as training and assessing students, and maintaining accurate records.
About the Person
The successful candidate needs to hold current trade qualification/s, a TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment; or TAE40110 with required upskill units TAEASS502 and TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A. Ideally you will have at least 5 to 8 years of industry experience, enabling you to successfully teach into our Certificate III and IV courses. Your great communication skills and ability to use technology and systems will be a key asset and will be used daily while teaching students. You will need to have a willingness to continually learn and develop as a professional trainer and assessor. This is a great opportunity to transfer the knowledge you have gained through your years of practical experience to the next generation of plumbers enrolled at Victoria University Polytechnic.
You must hold a valid E class Working With Children Check to be able to undertake this role.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- Establish and maintain a positive learning environment
- Provide advice to prospective students on course choice
- Develop a range of learning resources and ensure quality standards are adhered to
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- On-site parking and more!
How to apply:
To apply for this position please send a copy of your resume to the Manager of Plumbing and Signs, Darren Schiavello, at Darren.Schiavello@vu.edu.au.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: